Monday, July 20, 2009

BBQ Adventures continued...


So a new, unplanned BBQ adventure took place a few weeks ago. Crab Legs! I went to MCR Seafood here in Lloyd in search of some fish to BBQ and the frozen crab legs caught my eye (oh, how I've missed crab legs--our standard buffet feast in Las Vegas). After talking with the owner, she told me the crab is already cooked and just needs to be warmed--perfect for the BBQ!

She advised me just to cover the skinny ends and the lump crab meat with tin foil so it doesn't burn, then heat through and enjoy! (The above pic is not mine, as I followed directions and covered the tips!) We cooked Snow Crab legs from frozen, after first running cold water over them. I think this rinsed off some of the saltwater they must have been cooked in. Mom and Dad, inspired by us, later bought some but warmed them in the oven, and found them to be salty-tasting, so I think the rinse off helped.

As with cooking anything new on the BBQ, it was a bit of trial and error. The first time Jeff brought them off they were warm but not hot, and I wanted them piping hot, so he threw them back on. Then he kind of left them on a bit too long (as he was not standing guard at the BBQ like he should have been!) and so some of the skinnier pieces got a bit dry.

But it tasted amazing! Crab with the subtle charcoal flavor of the BBQ--mmmm. We even busted out our butter warmers and seafood forks for the occasion.

I would definitely recommend trying this!

No comments:

Post a Comment