Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kids, Kids, Kids...

Just a few little stories I had to share. Firstly, Hannah LOVES draining our water cooler. She would flip the toggle, fill up the little drip tray and splash around in there (toss in some Cherrios, a spoon, mix it up, so fun). I, however, did NOT like Hannah playing with the water cooler. I had no idea how to solve this problem, as I was not willing to part with the cooler nor constantly clean up wet Hannah and the drip tray.

Behold, the solution. Hot Water taps for the cooler. These taps are child-proof to protect children from burning themselves. They also work wonders for preventing children from helping themselves to the water! Our cooler does not have hot water, but valves/knobs/taps/toggles are available. We special ordered them and I installed them last week. TA DA! This works so, so well, and I know if I had a problem with it, chances are other people did too. So if you do, definitely try this tip out.

On an entirely different note, Hannah loves playing office (which means, sitting at the computer and pounding on the keys). She especially loves when her efforts produce something (she has somehow figured out the hot keys for that zooming-moving screen). So today on the Canadian Parents website I found out about Kneebouncers.com The site is designed for toddlers to press any key and see a wonderful result! Pressing any key will show your child different colors, numbers, letters or let them play a "game" like "Wake Up Sammy" (Sammy is sleeping, and by hitting keys he wakes up with different facial expressions).

I have no intention of having Hannah sit down and play office for hours on end, but since she shows an interest in what we do and likes to try it, I think it will be a fun site for her, especially since she can see that she is in control. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment