Monday, June 13, 2011

Long Lost Blog...

Ah, the blog.

I don't work at work, I work at home for the most part (except for payroll). I usually take the kids for coffee most every day and use that opportunity to check in on the baby department and other areas I order for, make notes, and then do the ordering late at night. Sometimes I get emails from vendors in other time zones wondering what the heck I am doing up that late (or else they are up late working too!)

Now that I have 2 kids I find it harder to find time for anything. I definitely operate on a must-be-done and must-be-done-now basis. Obviously keeping the items at the store in stock is a high priority so when I try to stay on top of what's moving and how fast. But at the same time I need to make sure that I take downtime too, and not use every stolen second I get for something work-related.

So the blog has fallen off the page. Sorry. I try to set a bunch of update to happen in advance, so that it doesn't all sit stagnant.

Lately I have really been enjoying my friend Haley's blog (I just love it all). She has started some food blogging which I have a weakness for. I read recipes and dream of making them myself--I have stacks of cookbooks and recipes torn from magazines. The worst thing ever is trying a recipe and hating it, especially if it was a meal (as opposed to a dessert or snack or something.) Recent example--Coconut Chicken Stir-fry. Sounds delish, non? Except it smelled so nasty I didn't even want to try it, I made Jeff taste it first. It was really onion-y and just had an overall bad flavor (and has subsequently turned me off of bamboo shoots for life). The Best is when you find a new recipe you LOVE and you know will become "your thing" and secretly hope everyone loves and raves about and names after you. ;)

In store news, we are redoing the garden centre. Again. We are always redoing something! If we are lucky we will get a bigger Sweetpeas so we can offer more Ice Cream flavors!

In the Baby Department, we have started carrying some hair clips and tutus made by a local Mom. Check them out at Kid Chic Boutique.



Also, I am in LOVE with the new bibs we have. First of all, this bib from Baby Bjorn.


Now, at the local grocery store you can a pelican bib for $2. I own one of them and it's not good. What makes this bib better is it is shorter than the typical bib, so the scoop doesn't get caught on the highchair tray. And it does more than keep your little one clean, it also prevents spills and dribbles onto high chairs, laps and the floor. Extra soft plastic forms a scoop at the bottom, creating a deep catch-all pocket that is also waterproof (no soak-through). Its special ergonomic design is tailored to fit little bodies and includes a soft, adjustable neck closure. Best of all, you can just rinse and use it again. Made of PVC-free, BPA-free recyclable plastic.

The other one I am in love with is the Skip Hop Zoo Bibs.


The adorable bib that tucks into its own built-in pouch. Lightweight and water-resistant with a handy catch-all pocket to keep things neat and tidy at mealtime. ZOO Bibs have a clever tuck-away pouch—perfect for travel or for storing when dirty. Adorable ZOO faces and details are sure to delight baby at every meal, especially with matching bowls and plates (and even backpacks and bath mitts!)

So that's all for now. Badger Sarah to do a posting on our delicious and amazing yellow Alpine Strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment