Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Best Ever




Lots of things claim to be the best ever. But, I am telling you, these ARE the best ever measuring spoons. Ever.

I used to be of the mindset that, what the heck, it's all the same measurements so who cares if you have an inexpensive plastic set or a fancy-schmancy stainless steel set?

Well, it makes a lot of difference.

Meet the Cusipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons.

One, the shape of these babies is wonderful-- long and narrow, they can squeeze inside your spice jars. The heavy-duty design that withstands the pressure when digging into canisters of brown sugar and flour. The gently curved handles allow the spoons to sit securely on the counter without tipping over. The tops of the spoons are flat (unlike the rounded edges of some plastic types) so I can scoop up the baking powder and then use the lid to level it out. And, unlike every single plastic set I own, the storage clip actually stays closed and keeps them together.



Some things in life are worth the extra investment, especially if it improves the experience.
Every time I use these spoons I am so pleased that I don't have to use another utensil to get my spices out of the jar. And I love the weight of them; it makes me feel like a serious professional chef.

This weekend is Inventory at the store. Imagine counting every.single.nut.and.bolt in the store. And every.single.board.in.the.yard. And it's been miserable cold here, with windchills in the -51 range.

But... it is almost the end of January. And you know what that means?
The official beginning of the Dreaming of Spring season. And with that comes the arrival of seeds, peat pots, indoor greenhouses, potting mix...ahhh, can you smell the potting mix? Feel that moist, loose soil in your hands? Envision the rows and rows and ROWS of new seeds, new little pockets of potential just waiting to shoot up and scream BRING ON SPRING!









1 comment:

  1. Waaaaant!!! Remind me that I want these when I come this summer :)

    ReplyDelete