Saturday, March 14, 2009

Carcinogens found in kids' bath products.

I am angry. Well, I guess I shouldn't say I am angry when I am partly pleased. Angry, that these companies have been getting away with this for so long. And pleased, because we're finally starting to hear more about it, which will make others as angry as I am, and it's usually this powerful emotion that makes way for change.

I guess I should explain what I'm referring to- an article published in the Edmonton Journal calls out several well-known companies (including Johnson & Johnson'saby Shampoo, L'Oreal Kids, Huggies, Gerber and others) for containing the cancer-causing chemicals formaldehyde or 1,4-dioxane.

"Companies are doing an excellent job of marketing products to kids and making products attractive to kids, but they're not necessarily looking at how to make products as safe as they possibly can for kids."

And it's not just childrens' products... it's bath and body products we all use. If you're curious how safe your body products are, visit www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

It was this knowledge that inspired us to carry Druide, a Canadian-made, all-natural bath and body care line that focuses on the total respect of humans and nature, and works in harmony with your body. Visit their website to read more, or come in and talk to one of our staff members. Hannah only uses Druide Baby bath products (and I've been known to borrow her calming bath, shampoo and lotion. Oh and the protective oil. I just love the wild mango butter and hibiscus frangrance!)

Why take a chance when it comes to your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment