Thursday, May 28, 2009

Have you tried a Neti Pot?

I'm looking to Peter for some good puns to rename this post. Peter? Peter can you hear me?
So, all this wind has stirred up a lot of dirt and dust and is making breathing difficult. I decided to pull out the old neti pot for a quick rinse this morning.

I used to be afraid of neti pots (as Jeff is, currently) and thought they would make me feel like I was drowning. After trying it the first time I was delightfully impressed! I felt refreshed and like it was easier to breathe.

Basically you fill the pot with warm salt water (be sure to use the special salts, as iodized salt can burn) and plug the spout into your nostril. Keeping your head upright, tilt to the side opposite of the pot (if the spout is in your right nostril, tip left). Gently tilt the pot to allow the water to slowly enter your nose. It should flow over one side and out the other nostril. Halfway through the pot, switch sides.

Neti pots have been around the block for a long time, and have been given recent fame by Dr. Oz on Oprah. If you haven't tried one, give it a whirl, and let us know what you think. I am going to convert Jeff.

Click here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment