Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PVR

Can you believe TVs used to have knobs?! We will tell our children, they used to be black and white (yes, I had a black and white when we were kids!) and have round knobs and tall ears sticking up!

Ok, I think the PVR is the greatest invention ever. The ability to pause, rewind, skip commercials has changed my life.

I was looking at what we have recorded and it was quite a funny selection. I thought I would share. Granted, these are the shows I am not caught up on (or some that are permanently saved) not all the shows I watch. Some are watched and deleted already, but this isn't a game about what I watch, just what is currently sitting on there.

In order:

Parenthood (new, just debuted tonight. Has Nate from Six Feet Under in it, so I hope it will be good)
16 and Pregnant (I love this series, and the "sequel," Teen Mom.)
American Idol
Access Hollywood
Dr. Oz
Jimmy Kimmel Live (because they were announcing something on it I wanted to hear, don't normally catch that show)
Project Runway (kind of getting boring now, I just skip to the end to see the fashion show)
How I Met Your Mother (love it, one of the few shows Jeff will watch with me)
Marriage Ref (also new)
The Good Wife (new this year, really intriguing)
Undercover Boss (haven't watched it yet, heard about it on Oprah)
Helicopter Wars
Deadliest Catch
Sesame Street
Family Guy
30 Rock
House
Shark Tank
Lidia's Italy (Italian cooking show)
Oprah (the one with Micheal Pollan)
Nature of Things (about honey bees, which I love)
The Wiggles (in case Hannah likes the music. So far, not so much)
My Friends Tigger and Pooh
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Two and a Half Men (haven't watched it in a long time, but have them saved in case I am sick one day and need something to entertain me)
Fight Quest (? Something of Jeff's, I have no idea)
Padma Yoga
Breathing Space Yoga (I taped a bunch of episodes of each, so I don't have to get up at 6am and also it is like having 30 dvds!)
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (PBS Special, haven't watched it yet)
The Bachelor (1 minute, because my sister's commercial is on it)
The Doctors (same thing)

What is on your PVR? Do you have one? If not you MUST! It is a life saver!

3 comments:

  1. Tasha was it On the wings of love bachelor? I didn't see Sara's commercial and I watched it faithfully haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, it was on an older one, maybe the Jason Mesnick one? Yes, poor Sarah isn't in the new commercials anymore, we should start a petition to bring her back!
    PS--I watched Wings of Love faithfully too, ha! (And so did Sarah!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah. Oh, the sharp pain of being ousted from the commercial circuit is relieved by knowing I still have a faithful fan :-) Thanks.

    p.s. would a petition work?!

    ReplyDelete