Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shamrock Shakes


As a kid, I used to LOVE Shamrock Shakes at McDonald's. However, in my adulthood they have come and gone, sometimes here, sometimes not.

I love MINT. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is my favorite (it has to be green, with mini chocolate chips, not chocolate shavings and NOT white) and I love Tasty Mints--my Dad always used to make me feel bad by saying they taste like toothpaste.

Well, now my daughter, at the tender age of 20 months, loves mint too, go figure.

If you, too, are nostalgic for Shamrock Shakes, here is a homemade version. Maybe my Dad will make it for me ;)

McDonald's Shamrock Shakes

2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 cup milk
1/4 cup half and half
1/4 teaspoon MINT extract (not peppermint)
8 drops green food coloring

Mix all ingredients on high speed until smooth. Stop blender, stir and blend
again, if necessary to combine ingredients. Makes 2 − 12 oz. shakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment