Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yummmm



So... I love food blogs. LOVE. And recipes. I have a bad/good habit (depending on who you ask) of ripping recipes out of newspapers and magazines and have a giant, massive stack of recipes to try. Some of them make it into a binder to await trial, and then if they don't turn out, they hit the bin.

I hate cookbooks without pictures--so annoying! Where's the sell?

The problem (and it is mainly a problem of my husbands, ahem) is that I read magazines everywhere and (sometimes) leave the pages wherever I happen to have ripped them out (like by the tub, on the end tables by the couch, in the car, etc). Sometimes I even have recipes scribbled on random mail, because I found something in a 1992 Readers Digest in a waiting room somewhere.

I figure this habit came from my Mother, who tapes recipes up inside her cupboard doors (and since our first and current house was purchased from my parents, I still have some of her "try this sometime" recipes taped inside the cupboard doors.)

Even though now a lot of the time I end up dreaming about the recipes rather than making them. I still usually end up trying at least one new recipe a week. Food Blogs are a nice way to find new recipes with mouthwatering pictures. And if any given week I still end of having a sad and less than worthy meal, made because it was quick and handy and easy to make holding a teething infant, not because it was delicious and nutritious and inspiring, I can still look at all the decadent pictures online. And no ripped-out pages to irritate Jeff.

My friend Haley had recently started food blogging a bit on her blog and has some great ideas (and great pictures!) She also likes looking at food blogs. I send her links to ones that keep me up at night ;)

Some delicious entries I have drooled over lately include this one
and this one and this one.

What are your favorite recipes? Where do you find them?
(Oh, and the recipe for the photo is this one)

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know I am not the only one with this addiction! :). Use Google all of the time when needing a new recipe. Love the Gluten free,low sugar blogs.
    I have started a recipe scrapbook, started being the operative word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I love the idea of a recipe scrapbook!!! Copying!!!

    ReplyDelete